If you are ready to purchase a luxury condo, it’s time for you to contact Riviera Phuket and go through the required processes for you to acquire the property. If you are not sure how to go about the process, here’s a walkthrough.
- Hire a real property agent. If you are not a Thai national or if you do not have the expertise in dealing with property developers, it would be best to hire professionals who will assist you during the process of acquiring the property. The agent will help in explaining the nitty-gritty of the process and will provide professional advice for you to get the most suitable property for you.
- Hire a lawyer. In addition to the property agent, it would be better to have a property lawyer who will represent you especially when you contact Riviera Phuket. There are papers that need to be signed including the placement of papers. If you are not familiar with Thai laws and regulations, it is highly recommended for you to have a legal counsel who will represent and explain legal matters to you.
- Complete the payment requirements. There are realtors that require prospective buyers to deposit or place partial payment for the property even when the units are still under construction. Find out about the payment schemes for the property.
- Review the contract. Contracts are important because it indicates the guidelines and limitations of property ownership. If there are provisions that are not clear to you, ask the property agent or your legal representative for clarifications. Make sure that you understand the policies and rules in the building including your rights and obligations as a property owner.
- Prepare for property turn-over. When buying a condo unit, the last step would be the turnover of the property to you. Call or contact Riviera Phuket on the date of turnover or you can also visit their website for updates and also to find out if the construction is going according to the timeline. Any delay should be explained by the developer.