Christmas is probably one of the most celebrated holidays in the world. During this time, you will see families coming together, reuniting and joining each other in a night full of laughter, cheers, and more importantly, presents! Christmas has become a symbol of love, charity, peace and joyous revelry. Aside from the feast, the songs and the presents; Christmas can never be complete without the traditional Christmas tree. For Christians, the Christmas tree represents Christ. But more than that, it has been used as a symbol stamina, rebirth and life which so happens to be what Christmas should be all about.
So if you haven’t picked out a tree for your home yet, here are some helpful tips that you can use.
- Before you shop for the tree, you should first determine where you will be placing it in your house. It is important that you refrain from placing them near a heat source like fireplaces to avoid danger. Take note of the size of the room you will be placing it, how high the ceiling is, so that you don’t buy a tree that would not fit.
- Always bring with you a measure tape so that you don’t accidentally bring home a 9 ft tree when your ceiling is only 7 ft high.
- Remember to bring gloves so that you have protection for your hands. Bring blankets so that when you place the tree in your car, it would not get damaged from the pine needles and the sap.
- Remember to prepare your tree stand as well as lukewarm water so that the tree could start drinking as soon as you place it.
- Always go for a fresh tree. You know a tree is fresh when its leaves are green and shiny, not dull and brown.
- During transport, lay your tree in your car’s trunk if possible or you can tie it on top of your car.
- Don’t forget to decorate your tree. Try to bring it to life with the help of beautiful ribbons which you can purchase from online sites like Ribbons.com or with Christmas balls, garlands, and other decorative materials. Do not forget the star on top.